Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Gruffalo Party

Ok so we still dont have the internet so I am still rubbish at blogging! I dont know when we will have it but I will try to catch you up on all the sewing I have done recently over the next few weeks or so.

I have been sewing an awful lot recently, I think im in that manic mode, trying to get everything done before I have a newborn again that wants my full attention!

I wont show you everything at once but I will start with one of the most fun projects ive done recently. At the end of January it was Lawsons 4th birthday and he wanted a Gruffalo party! Now the great thing about us moving to Australia is that his birthday now falls in Summer instead of winter so we had a party at the park.

Now my organisational skills are not the best so the night before the party I still hadnt done anything! We went out for supper and didnt get home until about 8.30 and I had a mountain of things to do, so I had to rope Hairy into helping
We were making masks as party favours for all of the guests, foxes, mice, owls and of course a Gruffalo



 Wilson was a mouse
 Lawson had asked for a Chocolate cake, perfect for a Gruffalo
 We had a picnic at the park
 Lawson wanted to be a fox at his party, my gorgeous birthday boy!


 The food was all Gruffalo themed, we did Scrambled Snake (jelly with snake sweets), Roasted Fox (cheese straws)
 Owl hearts (strawberrt halves), Orange eyes (cheese puffs)
 Mouse droppings (chocolate raisins), Frog roll ups (pizza scones) and poisonous warts (grapes)

 Hairy put the Gruffalo mask on for all of about 1 minute!


All in all it was an absolutely wonderful day. We finished the day off by taking our boys to the fair, we havent had that much family fun in a long time

3 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Looks like fun, love the cake

Cindy Sharp said...

It does look like you had a great time.

Unknown said...

Such a lovely birthday party. I just loved these amazing masks. Great job done. Will be throwing my nephew a birthday party at one of San Francisco event venues and thinking of having these amazing masks there. Children would love them.