Monday, February 27, 2012

Starting my mini

Have you been enjoying all the eye candy thats been popping up in relation to Jennifers Modern Mini Challenge? I know that I have, wow some people are so talented and creative, It just makes me wish that I had time to create everything that pops into my head.

I have however found a tiny amount of time to start on a mini for me, for Jennifers challenge. I really wanted to join in on this but then I thought for a while that moving continents might get in the way of that. However I have now started and hopefully I will finish (I keep putting off the packing though, I guess I should do that and then sew!)

Recently I have been loving art with a washed out, muted palette, and im finding that im really influenced by illustration. I have been pinning alot recently, these are just a few that I love




And its these that have influenced my mini.
Its got a long way to go and im not even sure that its going to turn out as I imagine it, but its definitely going to remind me of home if nothing else!

P.S Im not doing to well on this not sewing or blogging in exchange for packing! I have however booked tickets, we fly out next Sunday!

8 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with x

Katy Cameron said...

Looks intriguing so far! Alas, I came to the realisation yesterday that I just don't have the fabrics to allow me to recreate what I had in mind for my mini, although I have an idea for the sew out loud one that might be able to double up... we'll see!

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Those are brilliant inspiration images! I might need to start following you on pinterest...:p

elizabeth said...

It will be fun to see what you come up with....love your inspiration pictures!

CitricSugar said...

Love what I see so far! Good luck - I'm sure it will be lovely.

Sarah said...

Good luck getting the packing done... lol Look forward to seeing what you come up with for the mini!

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

Ohhh so intriguing! Can't wait to see how this plays out!

Katie said...

Ooo I love your inspiration images and your sneak peek. Do finish before you leave!

You're doing just what I would do... anything other than the priorities. Good luck with the move!