Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday No.14

At the start of the month I wrote a To Do list for Jan and I thought as we are halfway through the month then I had better check my progress and where better to link up than Lee's WIP Wednesday!

Oh and for anyone new over here, the monthly To Do list is becoming a linky party here on the first of each month. I decided 2012 is my year of being more organised so if I write a To Do list then I can keep on top of my progress each week using Lee's WIP Wednesday and hopefully show a month of finished projects and a completed To Do list at Lynne's Fresh Sewing Day. So who is up for being more organised?

I even have a button ready for grabbing in my sidebar

Hope to see you back here on the 1st Feb!

Now as for this months progress so far:

Sew Hip Fashion Designer Competition Dress - Complete (after a lot of hard work, a few tears and some swearing!)

Fingers crossed its good enough to get me into the next round!

Bee Blocks ;
All 3x6 blocks done and posted

Sew Bee Joyful - Owl block - started in my head but now where else yet!
Piece Bee With You- Mid Century Object Block - design sketched on paper (its a paper piecing bee, lots of fun)

20 Superhero Costumes - Most of the capes made, still got 20 masks to make, 20 badges, 1 set of wristlets, 1 applique t-shirt and 1 set of wings for some converse high tops. Lots of work to do before my sons 3rd birthday party on Saturday!




Emilys Quilt - Tragically Emily passed away before I finished her Alice in Wonderland quilt. I will make it and finish it but I dont really know what to do with it. It was a late wedding pressie for her and my cousin but is pretty girlie and was going to be so she could take it with her to her cancer treatment appoitments. Im not really sure what to do with it now as I dont know if my cousin will want such a reminder. He is understandably devestated, they were married for less than 6 months and I dont think they ever entertained the idea that Emily might die. I might finish this and then out it away until it is all slightly less raw and then ask my cousin what he would like.


Write a tutorial each week for Tutorial Tuesday:
This week I completed one of my Christmas Stockings and wrote a tutorial, just the other 3 to finish! but at least im keeping on top of my resolution to complete a Christmas project each month of 2012 so I do not have a mad panic in December, and this year I will actually have some home made decorations around the house!

Ok so thats the To Do list sorted, just a few things to start/finish! But as I knew I would I have deviated and added some other things!

Yesterday I made this block, tutorial for this can be found here. I was going to make it as the front of a zipper bag but I have made it pretty massive so I may now have to change my mind, we will see.

And I have started another zippy pouch using these fabrics. 

The tutorial will be up at the start of next week, ready for the next Tutorial Tuesday linky party. If you want to join in then check out it out here, i'd love to have you

I have also joined up for a few things (I really shouldn't have as Im off to Oz and need to be packing/organising etc. But I couldn't resist!)

Here are my mosaics:
For The Love Of Solids Round 2

Mouthy Stitches

                           
So loving this swap already, organised by 3 funny lovely women, designed for us all to have a good old natter as well as making some pretty things!

Yay so doing quite well for 1/2 way through the month, just panicing about getting everything done for this party, must go and make some masks!


1 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Good luck with the superhero kits, and such a shame about Emily's quilt, but I'm sure your cousin will appreciate it a little further down the line