Saturday, January 28, 2012

Winter Stitching Check in

Its time to check in and see how we have all got on with our planned sewing for the winter, we are about half way through now so lets see if i'm halfway through my list!

1) Pouch for the Pretty Little Pouch swap - Done


And I got this, isn't the embroidery wonderful, such a beautiful pouch from Leila (needle and dime)

2) Pincushion for Sewn Spaces Swap - Done

A sausage dog, I designed (I hope to put up a free pattern for this soon)
And I got this cute toadstool from Ella (shimmy blister), aren't those pins adorable!

3) Cushion for Brit Quilt Pillow Fight - Done

And a little something extra, a travel sewing wrap
And I received this amazing one in return from Ethne at Flaming Stitches, it is unbelievably stunning, she is a absolutely amazing FMQer, you have to check out her work, serious talent! The colours and design are so beautiful, these pictures do not do it justice at all

4) 2 Pressies for birthdays at the crafty campers - one done and given, one in the pipeline, due to be given mid Feb

5) Make block for a friends birthday and assemble the quilt made up of blocks from each of the crafty campers - done and given



6) Catch up on Skill builder - Not touched, no progress, seriously behind!

7) Catch up on Farmers Wife blocks - Same as above

8) New Christmas Stockings for the 4 of us - All started, 1 finished, 2 almost finished, 1 needs quite a lot of work and 1 tutorial written

9) Quilt for my sister - no progress

10) Quilt for my other sister - no progress

11) Bee Blocks for Piece Bee With You - Up to date



12) Bee Blocks for Sew Bee Joyful - Need to make this months block before I am late but other than that am up to date

13) Blocks for 3x6 Bee - Done and posted
Q4, Hive 1, 3x6 Checkerboard Bee Blocks

14) Finish our living room curtains - no progress, am reluctant to finish them as we are moving

15) Finish our 4 roman blinds for the living room - 2 finished, 2 nearly finished

16) Create fabric for the handprinted fabric swap - done, posted and received some lovely things in return


Extra things that were not on the list that I have made since Winter stitching started:

Cushion to go with the collaborative wallhanging I put together

Cushion for crafty campers christmas pressie swap

Cushion for Sew Mama Sew giveaway

Pouch for Sew Mama Sew giveaway

Cushion for my sisters Christmas pressie - No picture taken

3 x earphone pouches for Christmas pressies - No pictures taken

Union jack for my mums Christmas pressie so she can re-upholster a foot stool

Signed up for the Mouthy Stitches Swap - I've started designing for this and loving how fun this swap is
Does this suit you?

Signed up for round 2 of For the Love of Solids - I've picked out my fabrics and drawn up my design, very excited to make it up, not sure I will want to give it away although they are not normally my colours at all
Do you like shot cotton and plain cotton together?

Made superhero fancy dress for 20 children

Made a quilted zipper pouch and written a tutorial

Entered a fashion design competition and made a dress for my entry

Made 2 charity string blocks and a block for the back of the charity quilt
Charity String Quilt Blocks

Lavender Ribbon quilt block


Made an improv quilt for myself


Sorry for the massive post, cant believe quite how productive I have been, still a lot to do though, especially with my new Tutorial Tuesday linky party and writing a tutorial for it each week, time consuming but fun!

Check back on Tuesdays for Tutorial Tuesday and dont forget that To Do First is starting up on the 1st of Feb, hopefully it will keep us all organised so head back then to link up




Lawson and Lotti

Lawson and Lotti
Oooh and I started Sundays Sewing Space - a peek into some great bloggers work spaces


Lawson and Lotti

9 comments:

Courtney said...

Amazing work! Love that doggy!

Katie said...

You've been busy! I love your Brit Quilt Pillow Fight cushion (try saying that five times fast!)

Katy Cameron said...

Doing well so far, sure you can make the rest of that list by the last check in!

Sarah said...

You've done so much, I especially love your improv :-)

Shocking Hocking said...

oh.my.god - what a machine! some beautiful work here - and i love your improv too - can't beat red and white

Cheryl said...

I love the doggie! I can't wait for a pattern, I would love to make one.

Annabella said...

Amazing list of makes - your friendship quilt is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Love all that you have done...but, sausage dog! Pattern? Please!

MiniOwner said...

I'd love the sausage dog pattern please. :)
Sue x