Thursday, June 9, 2011

WIP Wednesday (no.4)

Wednesday has come around far too quickly once again. I have managed to get a few bits and pieces done despite the fact that I returned to work this week, so I am officially no longer a stay at home mummy :-( This does make me sad, I would love to be able to afford to stay with them, I hate the thought of missing any of their 'firsts' but needs must! Actually I do really enjoy my job and the boys go to my mums so I know they are in good hands, with someone that loves them almost as much as I do. My mum also lives next door to me and I work down the end of our road so it's all very convenient and I still get to come home at lunch to feed Buddy, and i'm only doing three days after all.

Anyway enough waffling on, this is what else I have been up to this week

Working on my naked bed challenge quilt.


 I missed the deadline for this, as you can see it's still in the very early stages. It will still be known as my naked bed quilt though. I'm actually completely undecided on the design of this quilt, I think i'm just going to go with the flow and see what happens rather than planning out a design and layout. Do you ever do this?

I also got three of the cords for the roman blinds that I have been making
Aren't they gorgeous? I'm just waiting for the red to arrive and then I can finally put the four blinds up and have some privacy! I can't wait to see these hanging, i'm really hoping that the colours pop against the white of the blinds and the white walls.

I finished the crocodile quilt.

I've written about this already in this post

And I have started thinking about doing a pair of cot size/toddler bed size skull quilts for the boys
I have seen a lovely one on flickr and thought I could design something similar to it but with quite a different background

Linking up with Lee for WIP Wednesday, go check out what everyone else is up to

So to sum up:

Quilts finished - Crocodile Quilt
Projects finished - Wedding bunting
Quilts waiting to be bound - none
Quilt tops finished - none
Projects started - pompom roman blinds, stag cross stitch, russian doll needle case
Quilt started - Naked bed quilt
Projects to start - too many to even think about!
Quilts to start - rainbow quilt, bob the builder, babushka, noahs ark, pair of skull quilts

12 quilts of 2011 completed - 1) Krissy's quilt
                                            2) Buddy's ABC quilt
                                            3) Cravat play mat/quilt
                                            4) Crocodile quilt


3 comments:

Melinda said...

Love your crocodile quilt, and yes, I do that too. For quilt backs that I'm piecing (like right now), I tend to just start cutting and sewing and see where it takes me.

Meghan said...

I saw the crocodile quilt on Lee's WIP Wednesday I love it!!!

Lynette said...

Love the beginnings of your Naked Bed :)