Thursday, May 12, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Got back from a lovely holiday this afternoon, spending time away with my boys was great and lucky for us the weather was fabulous and we have come back slightly more bronzed than we were when we left.

Boo loved paddling and making sand castles, he also loved feeding the ducklings that visited our caravan every morning

Despite being on holiday I have managed to get Buddy's ABC quilt finished, its quilted and bound, yay. I'm just going to give you a sneak peak though as I'm saving the unveiling for the Bloggers Quilt Festival that starts on Friday.



I have also started the cutting for my Naked Bed Challenge and tonight at Craft group I have started sewing the blocks.


I love the colours, don't you? I think it will really pop against the white background i'm planning. I need to double check but I think I have to have the quilt top made for 1st June, now that i've started sewing i'm not sure i'm going to get this done in time!

 I also re-discovered another local fabric shop today, on our way home from Wells-Next-The-Sea we stopped in Bungay so I could pop into Sew and So's, what a great range of fabric they have. I bought a great stripe for backing my rainbow quilt when I get round to making it. Also got some 505 fabric spray glue, i've read so much about it on other peoples blogs so was very excited to find it locally, can't wait to try it out, think I will start small by using it on my cravat quilt. For those of you that don't know, it's a glue used to sandwich your quilt together in order to quilt it, instead of using quilting pins. I will report back soon

So for WIP Wednesday -

Quilts finished - Buddy's ABC Quilt
Projects finished - none
Quilts waiting to be bound - none
Quilt tops finished - Crocodile quilt, cravat quilt
Projects started - pompom roman blinds, stag cross stitch
Quilt started - Naked bed quilt
Projects to start - too many to even think about!
Quilts to start - rainbow quilt, bob the builder, babushka, noahs ark

12 quilts of 2011 completed - 1) Krissy's quilt
                                            2) Buddy's ABC quilt

0 comments: